Sunday 20 October 2013

Puff Pastry Part 2!

I just got myself a new packet of Puff Pastry! ^_^ Looks like I'm getting quite addicted! And I'm not the only one! Haha...the bf has been requesting for pastries too! Lol.

I got my puff pastry from Woolies. Don't look down at homebrands - it's actually quite good (for newbies like me!) and I have no complaints about it. :D


Cheap but Good :D


Anyways, I accidentally cracked the last piece of puff pastry I had in the freezer:


URGH


But! I'm the kind of person who sees the glass as half full! So, thanks to YOU, you ugly cracks because you inspire me to try something new! Haha! :D

So what I did was I added more damage to it, shredding it into smaller pieces and line them in ramekins!


Pretty smart huh? LOL.

And then add my favourite ingredients - cheese, kransky and baked beans. :D



Add more broken pieces on top to cover it. Brush some egg wash before throwing them into preheated oven at 180C. Sit back, relax and wait for the magic to happen! (About 20mins)





And then....TA-DA! Perfect brekkie with my hot Milo :)


Throw in some cherry tomatoes for some colour :P


Another close-up photo to show you how flaky and yummy it was! Hehe...

Looks more like Tau Sar Piah (mung bean pastry) huh? LOL


The moral of the story is - Always find opportunities in difficult or challenged situations! It may lead you to something better :) In this case, a yummy pastry which looks like Tau Sar Piah.


Damn! Now I'm craving for Tau Sar Piah!! Cryyyy... T____T



















No comments:

Post a Comment