Saturday 5 October 2013

Playing with Puff Pastry! :D


Oh Puff Pastry! One of the best invention by human race. :') LOL.


Anyways, so I got myself a packet of puff pastry and have been having so much fun playing with it! The crust is amazing, so forget the idea of making your own!


We have been having a lot of sandwiches for brekkie lately, so I decided to jazz it up with some puff pastry.

Tip for newbies like me: If it is cold where you live now, the fast way to defrost your puff pastry is simply putting it in the microwave with a glass of hot water. Close the door and wait for about 5mins or so. Done!




The steps to making your own pastry are basically the same:

(1) Prepare ingredients and line them on the puff pastry.
(2) Cut/Wrap to any shape you like
(3) Brush some egg wash
(4) Bake in preheated oven at 180C for about 20mins or until pastry turned golden :)

Here's what I did:

1st Attempt: Hawaiian Pizza Inspired Pastry

The Result: Taste better than it looks! Haha!


This is really what I did >_<

Turns out prettier than expected! LOL.




Ugly But YUM! :P


2nd Attempt: Baked Beans Puff Pastry 

It was more like I had a can of baked beans and puff pastry left, so let's make some Baked Beans Puff Pastry! :D Nothing can possibly go wrong with baked beans, ham and cheese!! >_<

The ingredients

So easy, you have gotta try this!! SOOOO YUM!




Brekkie for bf :D I have to say 2nd attempt was the BEST! My fav! Definitely making this again!

3rd Attempt: Cheese Kransky Pastry

Honestly, this feels like a cheat. Basically wrap puff pastry around cheese kransky, egg wash, DONE! LOL.




So, what do you think? Look pretty good huh? Taste just as good too (always toast before serving)!

My vote goes to the baked beans puff pastry while my bf said he votes for the chesse kransky but he loves the baked beans too...hmmm and also the pizza pastry!! Lol. ^_^

Well, I hope you will have as much fun as I did! 


Enjoy! :D









2 comments: